PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The appointee to this post will hold full commercial sales and P&L responsibility for a minimum of four regional partner accounts, representing > $80m annual revenue. Leading a team of regional partner managers, the appointee will be the first point of escalation for those partners in the Europe region, across all market sectors and all Inmarsat portfolio.
The appointee will be responsible for retaining and growing revenues with portfolio partners by exceeding sales quota, developing and implementing sector and region account plans, and positioning Inmarsat as ‘partner of choice’ for the resellers in their portfolio. Specifically, that means the reseller uses Inmarsat as primary supplier for VSAT services, first choice for L-band back up services. Significant experience in account management and expertise in solution based selling in these sectors will be key to achieving maximum results.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POST:
• Sales & Business Development – Europe region
o Lead a team of 2+ partner managers responsible for Inmarsat commercial relations with value-added resellers in the region.
o Meet or exceed commercial sales and revenue targets circa USD$80m +.
o Actively promote partner sales in-region, including working day-to-day to support partners close deals with end-customers.
o Promote Inmarsat Portfolio to Inmarsat partners, their customers and prospects.
o Represent Inmarsat in regional partner and customer meetings.
o Develop and maintain detailed sales pipeline (new business & renewal).
o Identify and priorities regional pipeline / growth opportunities.
• Account Management
o Own and deliver challenging sales / revenue objectives.
o Act as ‘single point of contact’ for portfolio accounts into Inmarsat – proactively align internal teams and resources to promote and achieve objectives.
o Build a global account plan – track and report on key channel metrics for each account in the managers portfolio, specifically:
? Sales pipeline (in Salesforce)
? Revenue against budget
? GX/FX installs against contracted commitment
? L-band/FB attrition against forecast
? Debt and credit evolution
o Ensure that Inmarsat delivers high standards of customer experience / satisfaction as measured via corporate CSAT & NPS measures.
o Proactively build and lead cross-functional teams to support customer projects and deliver positive commercial outcomes for both partners and for Inmarsat.
o Liaise with product management, providing feedback from the market and proactively contribute to proposition development.
o Strong CRM management (using Salesforce), including developing a detailed engagement strategy for each account.
o Compile timely and accurate reporting using the correct formats to drive commercial decisions and facilitate growth.
• Regional Strategy
o Develop and execute regional indirect sales strategy to increase Inmarsat market share in the Europe Region, reporting progress to Inmarsat CEO and Executive quarterly.
o Act as single point of contact for regional partners into Inmarsat.
o Collaborate with partners to build and sign off joint business plans informed by the partners’ own business strategy and aligned to Inmarsat LRBP growth objectives.
o Prospect for new partnerships in-region and build acquisition strategies for new / target VARs in the region.
o Contributing to wider BU sector development and Inmarsat Corporate regional plans as part of the annual planning cycle.
• Industry Representation & Marketing
o Help to raise the profile of Inmarsat within the Europe region.
o Represent Inmarsat at industry trade shows and conferences.
o Provide market intelligence in collaboration with Maritime Market Intelligence.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor / Master’s Degree in Business, IT, Telecommunications or equivalent.
• Proven experience in a sales leadership role, specifically leading quota-based sales teams.
• Proven experience building effective executive level commercial relationships.
• Proven experience driving revenue growth via indirect partnership.
• Proven experience with solution-based / strategic selling methodology.
• Proven sales execution, as measured through delivery of multi-million revenue targets.
• Proved record negotiating and closing complex deals.
• Proven ability to create new business, thinking creatively to identify new opportunities.
• Proven experience working in matrixed organizations, navigating internal barriers and collaborating cross-functionally to influence desired outcomes.
• Satcom portfolio and/or sector knowledge, with existing C-level relationships across the Europe region preferable.
• c.5-10 years’ experience in a similar senior Director-level sales position, preferably within the satellite communications industry in the Europe region.
• Fluent in English (fluency in Greek, Dutch, French, German and/or additional European languages considered favorably).
• Eager to sell / hunter mentality.
• Strong work ethic, independent ‘self-starter’ – comfortable working remotely.
• Excellent analytical skills, competent with Excel, PowerPoint and Salesforce.
• Open to new technology and a quick learner.
• Team player with good interpersonal and communication skills, social and outgoing.
• Confident and comfortable travelling pan-region and globally (up to 40% as needed).
• International network and cross-cultural understanding is an advantage.