Sr. Director of Business Development is responsible for driving the overall go to market strategy Supermicro. This includes building plans and programs that will drive business in new markets and new customer segments that leverage our channels and existing and emerging strategic partnerships. The role will be involved in all aspects of building the strategies and execute in order to generate revenue. This individual must be very strong at working cross functionally at all levels of the organization. You will also participate in products and solutions design, ensure new products incorporated the expectations and requirements from customers to increase business opportunity. This position will be located in European office in‘s-Hertogenbosch, Netherlands.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop Supermicro brand and presence in select verticals. Explore new business opportunities on Data Center Architected and Server System Total Solution
• Contacting potential clients to establish rapport and identify partners that needed to win their business.
• Build and maintain a network of business relationships, including the executive management of clients, prospects, and other referral resources.
• Partner closely with sales and marketing teams to ensure product roadmap is competitive in the market.
• Work closely with internal engineering team to ensure clients’ expectations and requirements are incorporated in the new platform.
• Represents the voice of the customer and partner across the organization in business decisions affecting design and process.
• Participate in system design review from concept, prototype, to final product. Translate customer feedback into improvement plan and ensure the plan is well executed.
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Computer Engineering or equivalent experiences, MBA is highly preferable
• At least 10 years of experience in marketing and/or business development in server/computer products solutions.
• Prior experience working with tier 1 and/or tier 2 OEM’s> broad experience across product management, product marketing, sales, and business development roles.
• Solid communication skills in both verbal and written, able to communicate with high level (preferably C-level executive) clients effectively.
• Strong executive presence with a track record of winning mid to large clients/business.
• Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills, strong attention to details and ability to resolve complex issues with high level of ambiguity.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in English
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
• Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms
• Lift, carry, push and pull in excess of 25 pounds
• Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and balance
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
• Office, lab or warehouse environment setting shared with other staff members.
• Wet humid conditions, extreme heat or cold (weather), outdoor weather conditions.