Study Director Toxicology Req ID #: 84212 Location:
S-Hertogenbosch, NL, 5231 DD For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about. Job Summary
About the opportunity:
• As a Study Director (SD), you are responsible for the conduct of toxicology safety assessment studies in the Toxicology group.
• Under the Study Director’s command toxicity studies are designed, executed and reported. The SD takes care of and has the responsibility for the progress and the quality of the studies, the scientific content and the interpretation/reporting of the study results. The SD also stays in close contact with the clients and all other parties involved in the execution of the studies.
• Besides running studies yourself, you will be involved in meetings with clients, representing the company at scientific meetings or on industry working parties, liaising with fellow Study Directors and other Charles River colleagues.
• You will be a graduate most likely with a higher degree. A qualification in toxicology is highly desirable. Professional memberships, certification and qualification in relevant topics in toxicology and/or management will count in your favor.
• You are a toxicologist, preferably with a couple of years experience in the toxicology sector.
• As a (regulatory) toxicologist, you will have a knowledge of the pharmaceutical and/or (agro)chemical industry sectors that will enable you understand customers’ needs.
• You have completed the Laboratory Animal Science Course (Dutch LAS course, Art. 9 Wod).
• You have excellent communication and reporting skills, both in Dutch and English.
• You have a pro-active, results-oriented, enthusiastic, dynamic and flexible attitude.
• The Toxicology Department is currently organized into four scientific groups (General Toxicology, Developmental and Reproductive Toxicology, Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics, Pathology) and six operational groups (‘Small and Large Animals’, Necropsy & Fetal Pathology, Histology, Clinical Pathology, Study Support). In addition, veterinarians and administrative support teams are part of the department.
• A full time position (40 hours per week).
• A modern work environment, well-utilized animal facilities and fully up to date laboratories.
• The possibility to evolve and develop yourself in your area of expertise.
• Good primary and secondary terms of employment, an open corporate culture in a pleasant
and informal atmosphere.
About Microbial Solutions
Our Microbial Solutions business group has a comprehensive portfolio of endotoxin testing, microbial detection and microbial identification products and services is unlike any other, and has been purposefully designed to meet the complex and ever-changing needs of the industry. We help clients to ensure product safety and quality with easy-to-use yet robust testing solutions that satisfy regulatory requirements, support critical decision making and improve operational efficiencies.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Job Segment: Toxicology, Manager, Biotech, Chemical Research, Pharmaceutical, Science, Management, Engineering