Mission-driven LanzaTech is a revolutionary solution to climate change, capturing pollution to clean our skies and oceans and create new high value products for a sustainable future. LanzaTech captures pollution to make fuels and chemicals, including sustainable jet fuel and products you use every day. The technology is like retrofitting a brewery onto an emission source like a steel mill or a landfill site, but instead of using sugars and yeast to make beer, pollution is converted by biology to fuels and chemicals! Imagine a day when your plane is powered by recycled emissions, when your yoga pants started life as pollution from a steel mill. This future is possible using LanzaTech technology.
- 2021 Biofuels Digest #1 Hottest Company in Renewable Fuels, Chemicals & Biomaterials
- 2020 Biofuels Digest #3 Best Company to work for in the Advanced Bioeconomy
- 2020 Fast Company World Changing Company
- 2020 CNBC #43 on Top 50 Disrupter Companies list
- 2019 Chicago Innovation Awards Winner
- 2019 Fortune Magazine – Change the World – Companies to watch
- 2019 Kirkpatrick Chemical Engineering Achievement Award
- LanzaTech is committed to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion as part of our mission, culture & core values
This position is open to candidates authorized to work in the UK or Netherlands on a full-time basis for any employer without restriction/condition. LanzaTech is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
- The Director of Product Sustainability will lead in the planning, development, and execution of the company’s strategic objectives for sustainability and the circular economy and support the company’s longer-term strategic plans globally.
- The role will interface between customers and engineering team to drive increased product sustainability, increased brand value, and new product markets.
- The Director of Product Sustainability is responsible for tracking sustainability objectives of businesses and governments, monitoring competitors, and having an in-depth understanding of the regulatory environment, as well as analyzing relevant markets affecting growth, profitability, and productivity.
- The role is accountable for technical matters on product sustainability and customer engagement. This role works under minimal supervision, enabling wide latitude on independent judgment.
Specific Job Functions:
- Drive sustainability of LanzaTech products, though technology, partnerships and supply chains, and new markets for products.
- Responsible for life cycle assessment (LCA) and life cycle impacts assessment (LCIA) for LanzaTech processes and products
- Represent LanzaTech in external activities to develop sustainability frameworks and principles with regulators, NGOs, and certification bodies for LanzaTech technologies and products.
- Identify opportunities to expand the CarbonSmartTM product business.
- In conjunction with senior science and engineering staff, evaluate sustainability of new Business Development initiatives.
- Develop strategic partnerships with Sustainability Leads at key brands in the relevant consumer and industrial sectors.
- Provide day-to-day and strategic direction to the sustainability team and workflow as it relates to product regulation, product sustainability certification, and product sales.
- Understand and articulate the technical aspects of sustainability to non-technical stakeholders.
- Maintain good contacts with prospective clients and develop/grow strong connections in industry.
- Provide timely and actionable analyses of short-term and long-term business opportunities, competitive landscape, technical and commercialization roadmaps.
- Work with management team to assess product viability from both sustainability and financial perspectives and support appropriate marketing strategies.
- Develop and maintain strong internal and external relationships and communication. Activities include but are not limited to; cross-functional technology/company screens, internal due diligence, participating in corporate visits and delivering high quality written communications to external parties.
- Support proposals, negotiations, and presentations for CarbonSmartTM product sales, offtake, and collaboration
- Manage day-to-day relationships with partners and clients and develop a deep understanding of their sustainability requirements and long-term sustainability objectives strategies.
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, or related discipline
- 15+ years’ experience in product sustainability of fuels and chemicals as producer, buyer, and/or consultant
- Excellent communicator and relationship builder; able to develop, manage and maintain key relationships both internally and externally
- Able to quickly grasp relevance of current issues and challenge current thinking and processes
- Able to understand the impacts of process operational limitations and navigate to acceptable business solutions
- Ability to develop strong external relationships with key stakeholders
- Effective public speaker
- Experience working within a global, multi-cultural, business
- Deep understanding of sustainability drivers for LanzaTech’s products, and the brands that purchase them.
- Experience in certifying new products for under leading sustainability schemes
- Experience in developing and working with supply chains for sustainable products
- Experienced in communicating with both technical teams and management at customers and partners.
- Experience in due diligence of product sustainability, as buyer or seller or both
- Experience in developing and managing a broad pipeline of projects
- Ability to interface between R&D, engineering, and business teams, both internal and external
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Team player that thrives in a cutting edge, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Powered by JazzHR