Razorfish Health is unique among the roster of the largest healthcare agencies. Here’s why:
At Razorfish Health, we were built on re-invention. We were one of the very first digital agencies more than two decades ago, and we have continued to reinvented our agency, our team, and we specialize in re-inventing brands, campaigns and categories every day.
We have the deepest team of credentialed medical scientists, an award winning creative team, and an in-house data analytics team which allows us to understand the insights driving physicians, payers, and patients and to create ideas that help transform our clients’ brands.
We have offices in New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, and London with over 300 colleagues, serving a broad base of clients including 4 of the top 10 pharma companies, as well as OTC, biotech and health systems and hospitals.
In a sea of same, we swim differently. Our people are unique. Our perspectives are unique. Find out why our employees are proud to say #IAmARazorfish.
Web: http://www.razorfishhealth.com | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/razorfishhealth | Twitter: https://twitter.com/RazorfishHealth
The VP, Account Lead, Medical Communications is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Medical Communications clients and team at Razorfish Health. This person is expected to be a strategic client contact and advisor, and a strong internal team leader and cross-functional collaborator. This is an ideal role for a seasoned leader who seeks independence and flexibility, wants to work with a small but talented team, and wants to drive the growth and vision for this business unit that is positioned within a larger agency and network. Additionally, since this is a senior role within the organization, this person is also responsible for the financial management of this book of business, and for helping to drive organic and inorganic growth of the medical communications practice, a key area of opportunity within the agency.
· Understands that medical communications is one of many channels we use in the healthcare conversation
· Understands peer-to-peer communications must resonate both rationally and emotionally with the audience to drive action
· Able to translate complex scientific concepts into compelling business strategies
· Serves as a strategic leader for both clients and internal team
· Proactively manages relationship with clients and seeks opportunities to strengthen/build new relationships as needed
· Expertise in multiple channels and audiences, with enough knowledge to be able to act agnostically when making decisions on behalf of the client
· Comfortable working with both scientific, creative, and project management staff to create compelling brand experiences
· Able to inspire, guide, and build strong teams across geographic locations
· Takes ownership of this book of business and establishes accountability for others
· Proven track record of growing business from both a new and organic perspective
· Desire to embrace new solutions and technologies versus relying exclusively on old
· Strong change management leadership skills
Skills and Experience:
· 10+ years of experience at healthcare communications agencies, preferably in medical communications
· Solid HCP experience across specialty and high-science categories
· Demonstrated ability to serve as a strategic advisor to clients
· Proactive and action-oriented; independent, driven, and a good multitasker
· Digitally savvy
· Strong presentations skills required
· New business pitch leadership
· Ability to navigate within a large agency network is a plus
· Owns the client relationship across brands
· Owns the brand strategy and can effectively influence the client to achieve brand objectives
· Provides clear strategic direction to agency team and is able to evaluate scientific and creative product against strategic direction and provide constructive feedback
· Has a comprehensive understanding of client’s business and a thorough understanding of industry business trends
· Cultivates relationships with appropriate thought leaders to help maintain solid knowledge of client’s business
· Provides ongoing tactical and executional oversight to the team, and takes ultimate responsibility for flawless execution
· Spearheads the presentation of annual brand plans and significant interim programs to Clients
· Integrates emerging technologies into client recommendations
Serves as the strategic lead on all medical communications new business opportunities
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.